|2023-34 Academic year
|Application Open Date
|Application Close Date
|under 16 work experience
|Organisation Logo (optional)
|Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire
|Bristol, Norther Somerset and South Gloucstershire
|Virtual, Face to face, Hybrid
Please complete the form fully, using a school or college email address, if you do not use a school or college email address the application will not be considered. We have taken this action to safeguard students and our staff.
Please also include a careers' lead email address on the application form, unfortunately we cannot process applications with a parent’s name on the application form.
Work Experience Details
We are pleased to announce the opening of the 2023/24 health and social care work experience application window (30th October 2023 to February 29th 2024)
Placements will give students an experience within health and social care in both clinical and non-clinical settings. Each placement will follow this pattern:
- 2 days virtual work experience (online learning), students will be expected to attend these sessions at home or at school
- 3 days face to face placement
Our goal is to promote the 350 different careers within Health and Social care and;
- Provide over 600 placements to young people across the BNSSG region.
- Support at least 10 GP practices to deliver work experience placements.
- For all organisations to achieve the NHS England Gold Quality Standard.
- All schools and colleges from the BNSSG region to be provided with at least 1 work experience placement as part of this scheme.
Students are asked to apply via our online application form Work Experience Application Form – NHS BNSSG ICB, an application does not guarantee a student a placement, students will be contacted by the employer to confirm if they have secured a placement by the end of April 2024.
We support a large number of schools as such our placement windows are based on placement availability rather than schools work experience windows. We understand that this is not ideal, and we would love to be able to provide placements when it suits each individual school. Sadly, due to the large number of work experience, apprenticeship, degree and post-graduate placements we deliver (estimated to be over 5,000 annually) we have to fit work experience placements in to a yearly calendar based on placement allocation.
Apply Online Now
Create An Account to apply for this work experience.