Health Works for Cornwall
Are you currently not working, interested in working in health and care, but experiencing barriers to employment?
We are excited to be one of the Health Works for Cornwall delivery partners, representing the NHS in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly and the many different, varied job opportunities there are within health and care.
Health Works for Cornwall is part funded by the European Social Fund, with Cornwall Council being principal match funders. The project is designed to help those who are not currently working and experience barriers to employment.
As the NHS is one of the largest employers in Cornwall, with over 350 different job opportunities, plus apprenticeships and volunteering, Health Works for Cornwall can support participants into health and care careers; including social care as well. We can also support participants from across the whole of Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
By signing up to the Health Works for Cornwall programme with the Trust, participants can access:
- 1 to 1 personalised support and mentoring
- an introduction to working in health and care virtual programme which enables participants to gain more of an understanding of the NHS as a whole, meet different professionals and hear about their job roles, in-depth workshops focusing on how to apply for NHS jobs, and other workshops focusing on key skills
- access to mandatory NHS e-learning (be employment ready)
- support with job searching, job applications, interviews
- support with functional skills
- work shadowing and volunteering (COVID-19 restrictions permitting)
- financial assistance to help with travel and childcare costs
- if you meet all of the essential criteria on the job description, we can be the link between you and the hiring manager
- continued support once in employment or training
- a UK resident aged 16 or older
- currently not working or in full-time education
- is your health affecting your ability to find work, such as stress, anxiety, lack of confidence from being out of work, health issues
If so, we can help support you into employment.
Health Works for Cornwall can be your stepping stone into employment: Where will your journey start?
Contact Health Works for Cornwall
If you are interested in accessing support from Health Works for Cornwall, email the Health Works for Cornwall team.
You can also call:
- Kirsty Carter, the project coordinator on 07909 997 107
- Deb Somers, the project officer on 07393 792 035
Follow their social media channels:
- Facebook: CFT- Health Works for Cornwall
- Twitter: @Cft_HealthWorks
- Instagram: cft_hwfc
I can say that it is a very useful course; it really helped me with the career search. The coaches are very friendly and made me feel welcome and comfortable during the course. I’m so pleased I joined the course as by taking part it then gave me the confidence to apply for jobs and I have since been successful in securing a general worker post.
Pang, introduction to the NHS programme participant